4. Retail sales of consumer goods, a key indicator of consumption, rose 10.7 percent year on year in China last year, contributing 66.4 percent to the country's GDP, the Ministry of Commerce said earlier this month.
6. On April 24, Zhou took the pesticide to the Yimin Technician Training School in Rongchang, Chongqing and hid the toxic substance under a desk.
2. China's economic performance in the past few years should suffice to put predictions of a hard landing to a full stop. China's economy will continue to enjoy medium-high growth and be upgraded to higher levels
3. We learned that animals may make choices based on aesthetics.
4. n. 粉底霜，基
5. The French president would have ranked much higher had he not taken a 30% pay cut on assuming office in 2012.
6. In the wake of the Fitbit and Google’s GOOG 0.26% Glass, a flurry of companies has flooded the market with iterations of sensor-laden armbands, apparel, and eyewear. It’s a buzzy category, but early adopters seem to be waiting for a moment when they are no longerthat guy. (You know. The “Glasshole.”)
2. Those quickly sold out, locking out the vast majority of fans in soccer-mad Brazil.
3. 根据荷兰经济政策研究局(Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis)发布的《世界贸易监测》(World Trade Monitor)报告，以美元计算，去年跨越国际边境的商品总价值下降了13.8%，是自2009年以来的首次萎缩。这一暴跌很大程度上源于中国和其他新兴经济体的放缓。
4. The report noted that 201 million people or 27 percent of Internet users were from rural areas, or a gap of 45.2 percent in the Internet penetration rate between urban and rural areas.
5. The highest newly ranked school is Université Paris-Dauphine at 57.
1. For: The Los Angeles Critics Association gave it their top prize.
2. Piggyback riders are designed especially for small children and toddlers, to lessen the parents’ struggles.
3. Taken alongside data released in the past few days, and it doesn't make things easier. The country is still struggling with deflation and household spending slumped last month. But retail sales data released this morning topped estimates.
In the post-experience ranking, alumni from London Business School enjoyed the highest salaries on average three years after graduation at around $130,000 and the highest score for aims achieved (87 per cent). The programme was also ranked first for placement success and for international course experience. Its alumni were also ranked second for international mobility and career progress.
Two-thirds of this year’s deals are trading above their issue price. On average, 2017’s class of US IPOs have risen in value by about double the S&P 500, at 20 per cent, according to Renaissance Capital, which runs IPO-focused exchange traded funds.
There are, for example, clear differences in the way the products are pitched to investors in the US and Asia. A high proportion — some estimate 90 per cent — of funds in Asia are commission-based. This disadvantages ETFs because they are openly traded on stock exchanges and are not structured to pay commissions to banks, brokerages or financial advisers that might recommend them, unlike the mutual fund industry in the region.