3. Inside larger technology companies, female employees will be hoping for signs of change in pay and promotions — but will also be on guard, as a men’s rights backlash brews in some corners of Silicon Valley.
4. In the United States, emissions rose 2.9 percent, after declining in recent years.
6. Luckily, the singles are only half the story with Reputation. On "Dress," she's high on the rush of a new romantic thrill; on "New Year's Day," she's trying to figure out what she has after the party's over.
1. May the glow of New Year candle fill your heart with peace and pleasure and make your New Year bright.Have a love filled New Year!愿新年的烛光带给你祥和与喜悦，祝你新年充满爱。
2. Why does beauty exist? To answer this question, Richard O. Prum, an ornithologist, is working to revive an idea advanced by Charles Darwin: the attractiveness of an animal to another of its species isn’t only tied to fitness and good genes. Rather, animals — especially birds in Dr. Prum’s work — are making subjective decisions. He hopes that evolutionary biologists will stop “explaining away desire.”
5. “The employee said she was going out to buy boots, but was never seen again.”
Many bosses hold their staff accountable, but the best show that they hold themselves accountable as well. This means adhering to the same guidelines they set for their employees and taking responsibility for both team successes and failures。