2. Despite such arguments from a handful of scientists, the vast majority of those who study the climate say the earth is in a long-term warming trend that is profoundly threatening and caused almost entirely by human activity.
3. 12. 《教师》，导演：那达夫·拉皮德。
5. Columbus Day became a U.S. holiday in 1971. It is generally observed by banks, state government offices, the Postal Service and federal agencies. The bond markets are closed for the holiday, but many businesses and stock exchanges remain open.
1. With a growing need for someone to block and tackle Apple’s raiders and (given its tax investigation in Europe) regulators, Mr Cook’s focus on people, strategy and execution — rather than products — finally started to look like an advantage.
3. A police raid of an illegal food store in southern China has exposed tonnes of rancid, decades-old chicken feet being 'processed' to be sold to unassuming customers.
5. The report shows that compared with that in 2015, the percentage of graduates to start up business are significantly decreased from 6.3% to 3.1% in 2016.
1. 朱迪·福斯特（Jodie Foster）过去也将洗手间作为最佳选择 –“它们和水龙头看起来交相辉映”–但她已经为因影片《沉默的羔羊》（The Accused and Silence of the Lambs）获得的两尊小金人找到了一个更好的归属：奖杯盒。
2. The gorgeous Birman cat has more than 128,000 Instagram followers. And it has been the inspiration for many of Lagerfeld's designs.
3. Why the difference? It wasn’t because of a difference in the available information. As Koudijs and Voth point out, everybody in Dutch financial circles knew and understood the magnitude of what had happened. Nor was it because the Seppenwolde lenders had to rebuild their own finances. Within weeks of the default, the lenders knew they hadn’t lost any money.
6. In 2017, his 14th season in the league, LeBron James averaged a career high in assists and rebounds. In the first two months of 2017-18, he's averaging a career high in 3-point percentage, but that's been talked about and dissected; it's been written about extensively.
'With women, he has this sort of patronising carnal attitude with them which is absolutely accurate to the Bond of the books. But then by creating very strong women he is given quite a run for his money and his attitudes are challenged.
“The Man Who Knew is an impressive work of scholarship,” Lionel Barber, editor of the FT and chair of the book award judges, said. “It’s a masterpiece of political economy and, above all, it’s a great and enjoyable read.”