1. Referencing the American chat show host, he quipped: 'I've always wanted to meet Jay Leno,' before laughing to himself. Clearly unimpressed, Dallas Buyers Club star Jared hit back: 'Sorry, what was your name again?'But audiences seemed to pick up on the atmosphere between the two, with one viewer joking: 'Think Jared Leto got a bit paranoid about Grinder looking at him.'
6. Kate Winslet also won the Golden Globe for best supporting actress for a movie for her role in Steve Jobs. The actress remained in her seat looking dumbfounded after she was named best supporting actress in a film for her portrayal of Joanna Hoffman in Steve Jobs.
1. When it was set up in 2002, Teach First’s aim was to encourage more graduates to try teach-ing. Amid worries that the best brains in the country were being lured into the City of London, accountancy and law, the idea was to tap some of their brain power for state schools, in an attempt to tackle educational inequality.
3. Vawter climbed 103 floors of a Chicago skyscraper on his bionic leg, but its designers are still working on improving it. To optimize it for everyday use, they have to make it even thinner and lighter. Its successor (the iLeg Air?) may meet the Army's stated goal for a bionic leg—10,000 steps without recharging.
4. Developer: Frontier, Microsoft Studios
5. But the carriers are having a more difficult time over the winter holidays. About 30 percent of winter holiday flights were delayed in 2012, on top of significant delays in 2011 and 2010. You can check holiday flight statistics from the Transportation Department on its website.
6. Pete Rossi can count on one hand the number of weeks out of the year that he works more than 50 hours. But the rest of the year, his job as an actuary with the Department of Defense, provides a good living with a minimum of stress.
1. Identity, as academics define it, falls into two broad categories: “achieved” identity derived from personal effort, and “ascribed” identity based on innate characteristics.
2. BEIJING: A group of Hyundai Motor Co dealers in China is seeking 800 million-900 million yuan ($120 million-135 million) in compensation from the South Korean automaker, saying Hyundai has cut the flow of models it exports to them, resulting in dealership losses and closures.
3. 3. Economy is already crashing, GDP will get even worse in 2014-2016
'Increased production in the U.S. meant that spot prices weren't reacting quite as much as in previous geopolitical incidents,' Mr. Hansen said. There is so much supply that threats to it have less impact than previously, and 2014 will be 'the first year in a while when supply growth is going to outpace demand growth,' Mr. Hansen said.
Mr. Anderson wanted an abundance and a variety of facial hair on the men, with no beard or mustache adorning each actor’s face in quite the same way. It’s a veritable hipster’s row of styles, from pencils to handlebars to a black-and-gray goatee worn by Jeff Goldblum.