1. My bet is those forces — and America’s CEOs — will continue to temper the president’s trade tantrums in the short term. But there are lots of people baying for Chinese trade blood in Washington these days.
2. The prices are tough for ordinary Brazilians to afford. The minimum wage in the country is $330 a month, just about what Ferreira said she earns.
6. With this in mind, he does anticipate a pick-up in US investment “because it has been so weak — we don’t normally see it grow at a lower pace than consumption except in a recession”.
1. China’s trade surplus grew to Rmb496.2bn last month from Rmb382.1bn in December. Economists expected it to inch higher to Rmb389bn. In dollar terms, China’s trade surplus rose to $63.29bn from $60.09 in December and versus expectations of $60.6bn.
2. Moving away from fossil fuels to renewable energy is surely the most important engineering and scientific challenge of our age.
1. The accountancy firm in charge of the Oscars results has apologized after Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were handed the wrong results card when announcing the Best Picture award and incorrectly announced La La Land as the winner rather than Moonlight.
2. 5.Bryan Cranston was a Murder Suspect
3. We will strengthen our capability for making technological innovations.
5. It's lightweight and rolls up easily for travel.
6. "There are 1,400 individuals who are involved in the departures for jihad,for terrorism, in Syria and in Iraq," Valls told BFMTV.
1. New residential property prices in China grew faster in October despite a slew of restrictions on purchases,
2. Ms Lewis urged people to contact family, neighbours or an animal shelter if they were no longer able to care for their pets.
6. By contrast, the strengthening of the Brazilian real helped the surge in coffee and sugar prices as the country is the largest producer of both.
1. Stanford’s alumni have the highest salary on average at $195,000 but overall the top 15 MBA programmes are closely matched in terms of income, career progress and satisfaction. All but one have average alumni salaries greater than $150,000, with a pay increase of about 100 per cent compared with their pre-MBA income.
3. 在屏幕前对女主人公大喊“不要在深夜独自下楼”，不再是徒劳无用的了。在这款互动式惊悚游戏中，玩家可以控制游戏人物的行动。游戏的剧情由电影制片人拉里o法森顿和格拉哈姆o雷兹尼克与游戏开发商Supermassive Games精心打造。故事中，八位好友被困在遥远的山区度假村，还有一名不受限制的精神病人。游戏群星云集，其中包含《神盾局特工》（Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D）的演员布雷特o道顿，美剧《纳什维尔》（Nashville）的演员海顿o潘妮蒂尔和《极品飞车》（Need for Speed）的演员拉米o马雷克。玩家将控制各个角色探索这个恐怖的世界，试图在黎明到来时存活下来。没有人是安全的。在游戏中，每一个决定都会导致不同的结果。游戏剧本长达一千余页，拥有数百个不同结局等待玩家发掘。蝴蝶效应使得游戏不会有相同的剧情，而唯一不变的是，这款游戏十分惊悚。不要独自一人或是在深夜里尝试它。
Perhaps the more interesting question is what drove Yahoo! to shell out that reported $30 million for a single app. To be sure, Summly's text-compression abilities dovetail nicely with Yahoo!'s new focus on mobile utilities. Along with Yahoo!'s $1.1 billion purchase of the blogging service Tumblr and the launch of an acclaimed new weather app, the Summly move marks a commitment to owning the tiny real estate of the smartphone screen-and serving advertising to the youthful eyeballs that tend to gravitate to mobile devices.