3. While Jodie Foster used to opt for the bathroom – “they looked good with the faucets” – she has since moved the two she won for The Accused and Silence of the Lambs to a much more orthodox spot: a trophy case.
4. Researchers at Google discovered that security questions as a standalone method for recovering access to accounts is not an efficient model.
5. The QUBE will remind you to recycle, monitor when the trash was last taken out, and tell you to change the air freshener. These are all things people usually remember to do anyway, by the smell and all, but now there's a $300 "elegant" stainless steel can that'll constantly remind you with annoying mobile alerts.
6. 'So it's how do you square that circle? How do you remain true to the original creation and concept and yet at the same time not offend people in the 21st century?
1. “…said he never lets people see him sweat — but he was sweating profusely.”
3. Continued experimentation with wearables is important, but the near-term requires a conversation “about whether current wearables, driven by a combination of organic efforts and corporate tech efforts, are really adhering to customer needs and wants or if companies need to explore a different set of partnerships to push wearables beyond early adopters and into the mainstream,” Gilbert says.
4. In January, Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) U.S. president And CEO Bill Simon pledged that the world's largest retailer would hire 100,000 veterans over the next five years. In addition, the biggest private employer in the U.S. said it would offer employment to any honorably discharged veteran within his or her first 12 months off active duty.
6. 1) I make contact easily when I meet people 0 1 2 3 4
1. Romance was different then - with no computers, letter writing was the only way to stay in touch and remains more romantic than emails, he said.
2. The Chinese mainland had a population of 1.37 billion, an increase of 33.77 million people over the census taken in 2010, meaning the annual growth rate was 0.5 percent.
3. The central government has allocated a special fund of 100 billion yuan to provide assistance to workers laid off from overcapacity cuts, and also has asked local governments to set up matching funds.
3. Prices in popular emerging market debt and equity benchmarks have already fallen, while net inflows from overseas investors have dropped from $285bn in 2014 to $66bn this year, according to the Institute for International Finance, a group representing the world’s largest financial companies.
5. Together, the world’s 10 highest-paid actresses tallied a combined $205 million between June 1, 2015 and June 1, 2016, before management fees and taxes, Forbes said.
1. 18 November
2. “An employee stormed out in the middle of a meeting, without explanation.”
The GDP of Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality grew by 10.7 percent in 2016, hitting 1.76 trillion yuan. Southwest China's Guizhou province and Tibet autonomous region posted 10.5 percent and 10 percent growth respectively.
Armistice Day became an official U.S. holiday in 1938, and remained so until 1954, when it was renamed Veterans Day in the aftermath of both World War Two and the Korean War. It is separate from Memorial Day, which is observed on the last Monday in May and honors servicemen and women killed in war.
China purchased 141,000 industrial robots in 2017, up 58.1% year-on-year, but foreign brands accounted for nearly three quarters of that, showing that the gap is still widening between Chinese robot makers and their foreign peers.