2. Let’s now travel to Greece. There, Andreas Georgiou, the head of its statistical agency between 2010 and 2015, faces prosecutions for his part in uncovering fake Greek public finance data for 2009 and setting the record straight. This week 40 groups, led by the American Statistical Association, and 651 individuals signed a statement in support of Mr Georgiou.
3. South Korean activists vowed Tuesday to sneak copies of Hollywood satire "The Interview" across the border by propaganda balloon later this month, in defiance of North Korea's repeated threats.
4. China (mainland and Hong Kong) adds 25 to the list this year, more than any other country, for a total of 207. Three countries debut on the list this year: Mauritius, Slovakia, and Togo.
5. Isolated in northern China, this virus was similar to the virus that spread before 1957. For this reason, individuals born before 1957 were generally protected, however children and young adults born after that year were not because they had no prior immunity. By January 1978, the virus had spread around the world, including the United States. Because illness occurred primarily in children, this event was not considered a true pandemic. Vaccine containing this virus was not produced in time for the 1977-78 season, but the virus was included in the 1978-79 vaccine.
1. As impressive as those saving gains might look now, they could easily be swallowed as rising rates of illness place a greater burden on society.
3. The Martian was named best comedy or musical motion picture.
5. Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler are case studies of demagogues turned into despots.
1. 7.Manage up, down, and sideways
2. Yes. Supply outages and geopolitical risk factors will probably persist, alongside output curbs by global producers. But whether prices can maintain levels at $70 or above is dependent on the willingness of Russia to keep backing a Saudi Arabia-led effort to cut production in the face of growing US shale supply. Other participants in the co-ordinated effort also need to sustain strong compliance with the deal, the incentive of which declines as governments reap the rewards of higher prices.
3. 《自己土地上的陌生人： 美国右翼的愤怒与哀悼》(Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right)一书的作者阿莉?罗素?霍克希尔德(Arlie Russell Hochschild)对路易斯安那州的农村社区进行了四年的研究，她认为那里“深藏着”一种失去机会的感觉。
6. Apple's brand value rose 5 percent from a year ago to $178 billion and Google's brand value was up 11 percent from a year ago to $133 billion, according to the report.
3. “We have not really assumed China will get better in the rest of the year,” said James Quincey, Coca-Cola’s chief operating officer. He said juice sales fell double digits in the second quarter in the country and Coca-Cola drinks dropped single digits.
Adding pictures of family or objects that are close to you will remind you of what you’ve accomplished and why you work so hard. Keep them on your desk or on a shelf nearby to help you when you need encouragement and motivation. We love the Set of Ten Gold Frames, $28, at UrbanOutfitters.com.