3. Another exceptional new field is that of nanotechnology.
4. Winners: Raptors
5. “…said he never lets people see him sweat — but he was sweating profusely.”
6. At its own auction the following evening, Sotheby’s achieved a far more respectable total of 22.6 million with fees, although it was just above the low estimate of 21.8 million based on hammer prices. Of the 44 lots offered, 15 did not sell, or 34 percent.
4. Two against-the-clock tours of Los Angeles. Two celebrations of the sometimes prickly solidarity among women. Four tremendous performances, from Kitana Kiki Rodriguez, Mya Taylor, Julia Garner and the great Lily Tomlin. “Grandma” is the work of a studio veteran. “Tangerine” was shot on iPhones. Anyone prone to lamenting the death of movies needs to shut up and watch these.
5. Ever since the 1994 World Cup, the average scoring has been on a steady downward slope. In 2010 it bottomed out at 2.27, the second lowest average in World Cup history (1990 averaged just 2.20).
6. Anne-Sylvaine Chassany
3. HOW MUCH: $2,050,000
4. “Lotte will hurt the Chinese people and the consequences could be severe,” said the report, which followed a string of government probes into the company’s business interests in China.
1. 在上榜的90所欧洲商学院中，法国的欧洲工商管理学院(Insead)在全日制MBA课程和EMBA课程方面居首，瑞士圣加伦大学(St Gallen)的管理硕士课程排名第一。西班牙Iese商学院(Iese Business School)和瑞士洛桑国际管理发展学院(IMD)分别在定制和开放注册高管教育课程上夺魁。
2. Unemployment was the most searched for financial item, followed by "Wall Street companies" and "recalls".
3. Even in jobs where you test applicants and those with the top scores are supposed to get the job, I've seen hiring managers fix scores to get the people they like.
5. 9.Yeah, I was a badass on my high school football team! – Because I want to be seen by others in an even stronger light than I see myself。
Whiteness, in this context, is more than just skin color. You could define it as membership in the “ethno-national majority,” but that’s a mouthful. What it really means is the privilege of not being defined as “other.”
“Soft domestic demand and the decline in commodity prices continued to weigh on China’s import growth,” said Liu Li-gang, an economist at ANZ bank. “Looking ahead, China’s export sector will continue to face significant headwinds.”