3. As you graduate, my friends, remember what lies ahead of you is a world overflowing with beauty and potential; not just in the form of office corridors or Wall Street but a real, throbbing world, full of many mysteries and heady experiences. A number of us miss this simple truth.
5. Businesswomen are booming in Asia: The whole region makes a strong showing, from China and Singapore to New Zealand and Thailand. Entrepreneurship is on the rise: see Zhang Xin (No. 50) , Sun Yafang (No. 77) and Solina Chau (No. 80). And Asian region women are showing their political might, from newcomer Park Geun-hye, the South Korean president (No. 11) and Burmese dissident and parliamentarian Aung San Suu Kyi (No. 29) to Australian PM Julia Gillard (No. 28) and Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra (No. 31).
4. Along with her friend Chloe, Max is out to uncover the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber. With an indie-film feel and an eclectic soundtrack, Life Is Strange stands out from other games by blending the angst of being a teenage girl today with life-and-death situations, and the ability to rewind time. While this gameplay mechanic has been used in many games before, this take on time manipulation feels as unique as the American characters the French developer has created.
3. "Many companies operating with reduced staff levels are bringing in reinforcements to relieve their overworked teams," notes Max Messmer, Robert Half's chairman and CEO. "While some firms are backfilling positions out of necessity, businesses are also hiring to accommodate anticipated growth in 2011."
4. Their inclusion has come at the expense mainly of European companies, signalling the shift in economic power towards the east. There is only one Indian brand in the top 100 ranking — HDFC Bank. Russian, Mexican and Brazilian brands have fallen out of the ranking in the past few years — a sober reflection of the changing fortunes of these emerging markets.
2. As computer programming is being hailed as the untapped opportunity in the American economy, New York Code and Design Academy is making it easier to speak code. By 2020 there will be 1.5 million computer science jobs with only 400, 000 computer science graduates. Moreover, computer science jobs are growing at twice the national average as other positions. But what if you didn’t graduate with a computer science degree, and have no plans to go back to college? New York Code and Design Academy is making it easier to learn web design and development by offering both night programs and intensive workshops — where it’s not uncommon for someone to walk out of the program having built a new website or setting sights on a new tech-based position at work. From where Founder Jeremy Snepar sits, you can’t afford to not know how to code in today’s digital economy. He sees coding as a technical skill that can and should be easier to learn, and New York Code and Design Academy is filling an important gap for anyone who’s ever said “if only I knew how to code.”
3. The growth has laid a solid foundation for the development of the film industry in China in the future, the experts added.
In an explanation released alongside the latest data, the statistics bureau credited ongoing growth in producer prices in part to coal extraction and washing prices, up 15.4 per cent for the period and accelerating 11.3 percentage points from a month earlier.
Bored with your day-to-day life? It’s time to go on an adventure and refresh yourself! The Antarctic is undoubtedly a good choice. Watching native penguins playing and seeing millions of seabirds flying across the sky is much more exciting than watching TV documentaries. Imagine how cool and fascinating it is to be in a world of majestic icebergs and unexplored mountain ranges. But remember, it’s a polar region, so prepare well before you set off. Insulated boots, warm coats, gloves, wool socks and hats are a must.
CareerCast.com, a career website owned by Adicio Inc., ranked 200 jobs from best to worst based on five criteria: physical demands, work environment, income, stress, and hiring outlook. The firm used data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and other government agencies to determine the rankings. As in prior years, the 200 jobs were selected for their relevance in the current labor market as well as the availability of reliable data.