3. If you haven’t heard about this, you probably haven’t been on the Chinese Internet in the last year. This simple line was left on a World of Warcraft BBS, and somehow — some are claiming it was an online agency stunt and was helped along — managed to attract over 7.1 million views and 300,000 comments in just the first 24 hours.
1. Yes, 2014 is an absolute total disaster just waiting to ignite. In 'Doomsday poll: 87% risk of stock crash by year-end' we analyzed 10 major crash warnings since early this year. Since then, more incoming bogies raced across our radar screen. Ticking time bombs from Congress, the Supreme Court, sex, carbon emissions, Big Oil, NSA, IRS, Tea Party austerity. Relentless. Mind-numbing.
4. Since April 2007, the value of the top 100 brands has increased by 106 per cent. That compares with a 61 per cent rise in the S&P 500 and growth of 21 per cent in the MSCI world index over the same period.
5. Sorry, folks, but if you're an investor hoping America's political internecine wars will improve in the near future, just don't invest. The war between Congress with it's abysmal 10% approval rating and the president, the war between the Dems, GOP and the tea party, is going to get even worse, upsetting markets and the economy even more.
6. Chinese companies filed 7,150 patents with the European Patent Office (EPO) in 2016, a year-on-year increase of 24.8%, according to figures released by the EPO last Tuesday.
1. China’s commercial aerospace ambition has long been known, but a few recent milestones are bringing it closer to realization.
2. inspect（vt 检查；视察）根：spect看
3. In one tweet that was posted on Jan 10, Obama wrote, "Thank you for everything. My last ask is the same as my first. I'm asking you to believe - not in my ability to create change, but in yours."
4. Yes, pensions for retirees at state and municipal levels are preventing recovery. Corporate pensions are also a big problem, widening America's inequality gap: Drug company McKesson's CEO has been boss for 14 years, but will retire with a $159 million pension, while the income of America's average wage earner has stagnated for 30 years.
6. Snap, however, has sunk to about $15 after initially rallying from its IPO price of $17 in March, damping some expectation of further activity involving so-called decacorns, tech companies that have achieved valuations of $10bn or more through private funding.
1. In 2008, Janah talked to a call center worker from Dharavi, India, the largest slum in South Asia, while working as a consultant. The worker said there were millions of unemployed villagers as talented as he was. "I thought, 'What if outsourcing could generate a few dollars for billions of people, rather than billions of dollars for a wealthy few'" Janah says. She went on to launch Samasource, a tech platform that connects impoverished women and youth with large corporations like Google, LinkedIn, and Microsoft to complete digital projects. To date, the non-profit has helped over 16,000 people rise above the poverty line and it recently launched SamaUSA, a domestic program for low-income students living in San Francisco.
在这两个新指标方面，英国商学院的表现都优于法国商学院。在职业发展方面表现最好的英国商学院——华威商学院(Warwick Business School)在这一指标的总体排名中位居第二，高于法国在这方面表现最好的巴黎高等商学院(HEC Paris) 30个名次。在毕业后首份工作薪资与当下薪资比较方面，英国商学院校友的薪资增幅更大，为62%，法国商学院校友的薪资增幅为45%。然而，英国商学院校友的平均薪资仍低于与法国商学院校友，分别为5.5万美元和6.4万美元。
“As the economy enters the ‘new normal’, the industry sector faces increased downward pressures, unreasonable structures and weak innovation capability,” Mao Weiming, vice-minister at the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, said at a press conference.